There is an abundance of information circulating about the coronavirus (COVID-19) and what different entities are doing to prepare. The Summit Wellness Group is taking every precaution to minimize exposure risk and prepare for whatever may lie ahead, in accordance with CDC guidelines and the recommendations of local public health agencies. At this time, The Summit Wellness Group is unaffected by COVID-19. We will make every effort to avoid inciting unnecessary panic or anxiety among our clients and families, but will take every measure to protect them – along with our employees – during this time.
Actions We’ve Taken At Our Atlanta Addiction Treatment Center
We have and are taking the following actions at treatment center:
- Instituted a revised screening process for admissions that includes questions about recent fevers, travel overseas, and family members’ risks to reduce the possibility of introduction of the virus into the treatment environment. Anyone deemed a possible risk to our clients or staff will not be allowed on campus.
- Instructed any PHP/IOP clients to stay home if they are sick and seek appropriate medical care.
- Implemented mandatory hand washing and hand sanitation for all employees and clients thoroughly and often.
- Dispersed COVID-19 prevention information and instructed staff to stay home if they are sick in line with CDC recommendations.
- Increased sanitation of all areas of our rehab facility.
- We will offer a telemental health option for continued addiction treatment and therapy if necessary. Further information and instruction will be provided if the need arises.
This is an emerging and rapidly evolving situation. The Summit Wellness Group has implemented practices in line with CDC guidelines for minimizing risk, and is closely monitoring the situation within our site and more broadly. Our clients’ safety is our top priority and we will continue to assess this situation and provide updates.
Should you have any questions, please contact our Program Director Demi Cissell or our Clinical Director Ansley Campbell at 770-299-1677.
Suggested Prevention Guidelines For Clients and Staff
In terms of prevention, we are following basic flu-season guidelines as well as instituting additional measures to help reduce the chance of transmission of the COVID-19 and other airborne viruses. We encourage you and your families to follow these important guidelines:
- CDC: People are thought to be most contagious when they are most symptomatic (the sickest). Some spread might be possible before people show symptoms; there have been reports of this occurring with this new coronavirus, but this is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads. It is recommended to maintain a safe distance from persons who are symptomatic.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Avoid direct physical contact with others, following a protocol of “safe non-contact” in everyone’s best interest.
- Maintain distance from others (CDC recommendation is 6 feet).
- Stay at home when you are sick (COVID-9 symptoms: flu-like symptoms such as cough or shortness of breath, or if you have a fever of 100.4° or more)–please contact your therapist or director if you have these symptoms—Communication is imperative.
- Use Kleenex located in your office or cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces. Treatment staff will disinfect door handles and common area surfaces at the beginning and end of each business day.
- Be responsible for your welfare and those around you. Make decisions about what makes you comfortable and follow them.
We’re Here To Help
The Summit Wellness Group is committed to supporting our community during these difficult times. If you need help, call us today at 770-299-1677.