The beauty of outpatient rehabilitation facilities and programs is that they permit you to live with your family at home while you are attending the drug rehab. This treatment is less expensive generally than inpatient treatment. It works really well for those who can not take extended leaves of absence from their family situations and work obligations.
Your final choice will depend greatly on what your personal situation at home is like as well as how addicted you are to the drugs. Three different primary types of outpatient rehab compete for your time and enrollment, as follows:
- Intensive Outpatient – much like inpatient residence programs, they offer a wide range of services and help. Their effectiveness and results are similar as well. The primary concentration of such programs is to prevent a relapse of addiction. To this effect, they typically get together minimally three days per week at from two to four hours each session (or even longer). They will be set up to schedule well with school or work and can easily adjust to work with the participants’ varying schedules and needs.
- Partial Hospitalization – For those who need serious medical monitoring but who possess a wholesome home situation, these programs can be recommended. They generally require three to five days per week attendance at the hospital for minimally from four to six hours each session.
- Counselling and Therapy – The two helpful programs are generally put together along with other forms of treatment. They can also be offered as a support by way of follow up to the inpatient rehab. These are intended to assist you in figuring out the underlying cause of your initial drug encounters and addiction, in fixing broken relationships, and in picking up better de-stressing skills. Among these treatments are individual and group therapies, behavioral therapy, and even family counselling.
How Long Does This Program’s Treatment Last?
The length of program and scheduling range widely with outpatient programs. It is necessary for each recovering addict to move through the program at his or her own pace. This means that there is no one-size-fits-all length of treatment with outpatient rehab. The programs will typically extend from one to three months.
They can be longer as necessary. For the maintenance of long-lasting positive results, the treatment centers will generally recommend that recovering addicts continue participating voluntarily minimally 90 days. Then the center and program director will commonly review your real progress to determine if you ought to extend your stay in the program.
Types of Treatments Offered at Outpatient Therapy Centers
There are a wide range of different treatment programs provided by outpatient rehab centers. It is sensible to query the center concerning their various offerings and to make certain that you are comfortable with what they have. Included in this treatment regimen is:
- Behavioral Therapy – an efficient and helpful treatment used commonly with outpatient rehab, this gives you the power to gain control over your own addiction
- Medications to Manage Withdrawal Symptoms
- A Combination of the Two
There are a variety of common methods of behavioral therapy treatment. These include the following:
- Contingency Management Therapy
- CBT Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Group and Individual Counselling Sessions
Contingency Management Therapy
Positive reinforcement works to deliver privileges and rewards to those who comply with the program by staying free from drugs, ingesting the prescribed medications continuously, and being a part of all mandatory counselling sessions. They typically employ vouchers with this. So much voucher value equals a certain retail service or item.
(CBT) Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
The goal of CBT is to stop a relapse before it occurs. This is accomplished by comprehending the consequences of the action of taking drugs as well as what your personal drug triggers are. This training will help you to understand and avoid scenarios and mental states where you feel like giving in to drugs. Besides this, it provides you with useful coping skills for when you have a drug use opportunity.
Useful for understanding and dealing with your fears and anxieties on rehab and treatment. The goal is to improve your internal motivation to recover from the drugs and change these negative behaviors for the future.
Group and Individual Counseling Sessions
The overarching goal is to decrease drug use all the while managing your own life issues. This includes family struggles, illicit activities, and gainful employment. With group counseling sessions, these prove to be highly effective because of the positive social peer pressure that the setting itself encourages. The 12-step model developed and made famous by Alcoholics Anonymous is the one which most programs follow.