Dunwoody has a population of almost 50,000 people and is located in Dekalb County. The most abused substances in Dunwoody include alcohol, cocaine, heroin, and prescription pills (such as benzodiazepines and opiates/opioids).
- The most convenient prescription drug drop box can be found at the Dunwoody Police Department located at 4800 Ashford Dunwoody Road, Dunwoody GA 30338. You can safely dispose of all prescription medications at this location Monday through Friday from 8:00 am until 4:00 pm.
- The closest hospital with a 24-hour emergency room that can help with drug or alcohol-related emergencies is Northside Hospital Atlanta. It is just inside I-285 at 1000 Johnson Ferry Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30342.
What Rehab Centers are Near Dunwoody, GA?
A common issue for people struggling with an addiction is to try to recover on their own. Many people find that this doesn’t work; not permanently at least. People who try to handle their addiction by themselves and relapse often give up on recovery, because they feel overwhelmed. They don’t realize that professional help can make all the difference in the world. What does professional addiction recovery entail? The answer to that depends on the treatment facility you attend.
- The Summit Wellness Group’s Roswell addiction treatment center is located 9.7 miles from Dunwoody. The Roswell Center is the more accessible location at around a 15-minute drive away just up 400 North.
- The Summit Wellness Group’s Midtown Atlanta addiction treatment center is located 15.1 miles from Dunwoody.
- Find out more about the treatment programs we offer.
- We’re not just another treatment center! Find out more About Us.
- Check out SAMHSA’s addiction treatment locator for a list of additional treatment centers near Dunwoody.
Not sure where to start? Give our experts a call at 770-299-1677 anytime, day or night, and get help today!
Important Considerations For Finding Treatment
While all Dunwoody drug and alcohol rehab facilities may share some characteristics, they also differ in some important ways. Knowing what to look for in a rehab center will enable you to select a facility that will give you the best chances for a sustained recovery. You should:
- Check out the facility’s qualifications. Just as you would do in evaluating any business, you should check to see that the facility is properly licensed, insured, and it can help if they hold extra accreditations. This will help you ensure the facility follows state and federal regulations in caring for patients and any extra accreditations can mean that they go above and beyond the minimum standard requirements for a rehab center.
- It’s also important to find out if the individual clinicians are licensed. This may not always be the case and you want to ensure you’re placing your trust in the hands of professionals. This goes for all clinicians with whom you’ll work throughout the treatment process.
- Reviews can be very helpful too. Look at what other people had to say about their experience at a rehab facility.
Dunwoody Addiction & Alcoholism Support
Professional treatment can be very important, but there are other things that can help in addition to treatment. Finding a compassionate therapist as well as getting involved in the local recovery community can be a huge help to someone’s recovery as well.
Fun While In Early Recovery
It’s critical to start finding new ways to have fun in recovery. Dunwoody has a ton of options, including the following highlights:
Treetop Quest Dunwoody – 2341 Peeler Road, Dunwoody, GA 30338
This zip line amusement park is located inside Brook Run Park and is open on weekends from 9:30 am until 4:30 pm. The cost varies from as low as $21 for kids and $51 for adults and that will get you 2 1/2 hours of zip line time. There are multiple levels depending on age (or bravery) and you have the chance to explore about 60 obstacles and zip lines during your time here.
Dunwoody Nature Center – 5343 Roberts Drive, Dunwoody, GA 30338
This park in Dunwoody is a community-oriented nature preserve that is open 7 days a week from 7:00 am until sundown. Entry is free and you can enjoy walking paths, multiple hiking trails, a picnic area, and observe 2 beehives. There is an ongoing schedule of nature classes for children and adults, special events, overnight camping opportunities, and a free guided Friday Night Hike program.
Spruill Center for the Arts – 5339 Chamblee Dunwoody Road, Dunwoody, GA 30338
A private, non-profit center for the visual arts which is open Monday through Friday from 9:00 am until 7:00 pm and on Saturday from 9:00 am until 12:00 pm. There are several options provided here including a gallery, art classes and workshops, an assortment of special events, and children’s classes. The gallery hosts between 4 and 6 exhibitions a year and this includes local artists and art created at the nearby Education Center classes.
Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area: Island Ford Unit – 8800 Roberts Drive, Sandy Springs, GA 30350
National Park Service recreation area which offers riverside trails, rafting through calm water and minor rapids, picnic areas, and spots for fishing. Note that you are able to fish here provided you have a Georgia fishing license with the optional trout permit, as trout do live in the river.
Mastermind Escape Games Atlanta – 5825 Glenridge Drive Building 4 Suite #200, Sandy Springs, GA 30328
You and your friends are locked in a room and you have 60 minutes to piece together the clues, secrets, and figure out the tricks to escape. This location offers 6 different scenarios: Sorcerer’s Secret, Outbreak: Find the Cure, Bank Heist, Lost In Time, Escape the Air Raid, and Superhero Training Facility.