5 Top Mental Health Facilities in Marietta, GA
Marietta, a north Atlanta suburb and the county seat of Cobb County, has a population of just over 60,000. This makes it one of Atlanta’s largest suburbs, and the proximity to the Georgia capital has created a bustling city center with enough distance to feel secluded. The city offers excellent schools, affordable housing, and beautiful mountain scenery.
Despite these qualities, 5.6% of adults around Marietta experienced a major depressive episode in the past year, and the Cobb & Douglas Community Services Board treats approximately 6,000 residents annually. This highlights the need for effective mental health facilities in Marietta, GA, that can provide quality care to residents struggling with mental health disorders.
Overview of Marietta’s Top Treatment Centers
Our list of leading treatment centers in your area can be a great resource when deciding where to seek treatment. We know this decision can be stressful, so we hope our research makes your choice easier.
- The Summit Wellness Group
996 Huff Rd NW, Suite C, Atlanta, GA 30318
745 Hembree Pl, Roswell, GA 30076
- Highland Rivers Behavioral Health
1650 County Services Pkwy Dr, Marietta, GA 30008
- Mindful Health Solutions
470 Sessions St NW, Marietta, GA 30060
- Psych Atlanta
1012 Coggins Pl, Marietta, GA 30060
- Traime Behavioral Health
2000 Powers Ferry Rd Unit 530, Marietta, GA 30067
5 Best Mental Health Treatment Programs in Marietta, GA
The following list provides detailed information about the top-rated treatment facilities in Marietta, including the treatments they offer and how to contact these facilities.
1. The Summit Wellness Group
The Summit Wellness Group is an outpatient treatment center with two locations in metro Atlanta. Our center is a safe space of hope, compassion, and renewal for all patients who choose to begin their recovery journey within our walls. With holistic and evidence-based treatment, we provide dual-diagnosis addiction and mental health services such as intensive outpatient programs (IOP) and partial hospitalization programs (PHP). We also offer connections to support groups, including traditional 12-step programs, SMART Recovery, and Refuge Recovery.
Our services were created with patient well-being as our focus, and the proof is in our success rates and patient satisfaction. Since each patient has different needs, our individualized treatment approach caters to each individual’s recovery goals. We recognize that specific demographics may need more peer support from similar patients, so we offer specialized programs for working professionals, college students, veterans, the LGBT community, seniors, and parents.
Our team can help refer patients with more intensive care needs to trusted detox or residential treatment centers. We can also recommend sober living arrangements for patients seeking a stable environment during outpatient treatment. Whether patients come to us for advice, referrals, or treatment, we aim to provide a permanent solution to substance use and mental health issues. At The Summit Wellness Group, we help patients regain their confidence to overcome co-occurring disorders and start the journey toward sustainable recovery.
2. Highland Rivers Behavioral Health
Highland Rivers Behavioral Health provides treatment services to children, teens, young adults, and adults. Patients can receive counseling services for depression, anxiety disorders, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, PTSD, and substance abuse. The center’s comprehensive approach utilizes a team of health professionals such as psychiatrists, nurses, therapists, and counselors to develop individualized treatment plans for each patient’s specific needs.
This facility uses a community-driven rather than a clinical approach, providing services in the least restrictive environment possible. Patients are supported during treatment by certified peer specialists and case managers, who help them minimize the adverse effects of their symptoms and regain independence through skills training. Permanent supportive housing is also offered for homeless individuals.
3. Mindful Health Solutions
Mindful Health Solutions provides innovative behavioral health therapies and psychiatry to patients of all ages. Patients can receive treatment for ADHD, depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, and OCD. Using medication management, psychotherapy, and cutting-edge services like ketamine therapy and transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) therapy, patients are provided with the best tools for their recovery.
At Mindful Health Solutions, services are available with both in-person and telehealth options. The center offers many psychotherapy treatment modalities, including acceptance and commitment therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, EMDR therapy, family therapy, individual therapy, play therapy, and solution-focused therapy. The clinic is committed to innovation and seeks to provide the most advanced treatments available to help patients find relief from their disorders.
4. Psych Atlanta
Psych Atlanta specializes in providing help for treatment-resistant depression, though they also offer services for patients struggling with anxiety, ADHD, bipolar disorder, insomnia, PTSD, and OCD. The center uses innovative solutions for treatment, including ketamine therapy, Spravato, transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) therapy, and Myers’ Cocktail infusions.
Besides these innovative techniques, Psych Atlanta also offers traditional counseling services. The mental health professionals at this center are all Masters and Ph.D.-level clinicians, so their vast knowledge and experience ensure that patients will receive comprehensive and quality care. Each patient is treated with an integrated, individualized approach.
5. Traime Behavioral Health
Traime Behavioral Health specializes in providing mental healthcare for patients with severe and persistent mental illness. Patients learn how to reintegrate back into the community and regain life skills. To set patients up for success and independence after treatment, the center offers vocational rehabilitation to help patients find employment and secure affordable housing.
Traime Behavioral Health is a community-based organization on recovery and rehabilitation, so patients are equipped with the necessary tools to live a high-quality life. The center offers assertive community treatment and psychosocial rehabilitation programs, as well as assessments and evaluations for substance abuse and anger management.
Approaches to Mental Health Disorder Treatment
Since treatment is not a “one size fits all approach,” it is only natural that there would be many different therapy approaches to treat mental health conditions. Effective treatment programs should blend each approach to offer patients a comprehensive recovery plan that addresses each aspect of their well-being.
This section will provide more in-depth information about each approach and examples of methods used. Our goal is to help you make a well-informed decision on where to seek treatment by finding centers that offer the best options for your needs.
Psychotherapy, also known as talk therapy, is what’s considered the traditional therapy approach. With this treatment, patients are guided toward overcoming mental illness or addiction through learning how to identify and change troubling emotions, thoughts, and behaviors. Many psychotherapy techniques exist, but we’ll briefly introduce the most common ones.
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT) combines mindfulness and acceptance strategies. Patients are shown how to acknowledge and embrace their emotions rather than trying to avoid or deny them. This helps patients develop mental and emotional flexibility and avoid making risky decisions.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) examines the relationship between a patient’s inner thoughts and feelings and how they affect their outward actions. CBT aims to address negative thought patterns and reframe them into positive behaviors.
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) helps patients manage triggers by learning coping mechanisms such as mindfulness, distress tolerance, emotional regulation, and interpersonal effectiveness. DBT helps patients discover the difference between effective and ineffective thinking patterns.
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR) relives distressing memories while clinicians help them focus on eye movement. This causes a decrease in emotional reactivity so patients can process underlying trauma in a safe environment.
- Narrative therapy allows clients to regain control of their lives by separating themselves from their problems to find new perspectives. Patients focus on their past experiences or stories and learn how external factors have shaped them. Once they know these external forces, patients can shape their internal responses to the world around them, re-writing their stories to open up new possibilities for the future.
- Solution-focused therapy focuses on clients’ strengths, what solutions have worked for them in the past, and what can be applied to their current situation. By doing so, patients are guided toward improving their ability to find solutions instead of focusing solely on the issues in each case. This collaborative process helps patients identify goals and find solutions to achieve them.
Holistic treatments help patients overcome mental illness and addiction by improving their physical, mental, and spiritual well-being. Using a holistic approach shows patients that there is more to them than the symptoms of their disorder, which boosts their confidence and gives them a better chance at recovery.
- Art therapy is inherently therapeutic since it is a hands-on approach that requires focus. Art therapy allows patients to address and process experiences that may be too painful to verbalize or confront directly. Patients can release themselves from the burdens of the past by having a space to express themselves and find a healthy outlet for their emotions.
- Chiropractic care aligns a patient’s body, which can also align their mind. During chiropractic care, tension in the body is relieved, which may reduce stress and pain, negatively affecting a patient’s mental state. Chiropractic care can also lower cortisol levels, the stress hormone, and help neurotransmitters such as serotonin and dopamine function more efficiently.
- Guided meditation relieves stress and refreshes their minds and bodies. Meditation helps create a sense of inner peace and improve brain function while also allowing patients to detach from intrusive thoughts and impulses that may be harmful to recovery. Regular meditation may also enhance the quality of sleep, which will benefit overall health.
- Massage therapy relaxes the body and relieves joint tension by focusing on pressure points. It also increases circulation and blood flow, leading to greater mind-body awareness. Massages can help patients in early recovery achieve greater relaxation and become more comfortable with the overall treatment process.
- Nutritional counseling helps individuals become more aware of what benefits the body and can help patients begin a healthier lifestyle. A nutritious diet can improve mental health and lead to a more efficient immune system.
- Recreational activities, such as hiking or bowling with peers in recovery, allow patients to get outside their heads and connect while experiencing the world. This also breaks up a day filled with talk therapy so treatment doesn’t become monotonous, helping patients get the most out of their experience.
- Yoga focuses on gentle movement, stretching, breathing exercises, and balance. This approach improves concentration and connects patients with their bodies. Yoga can help patients release negative feelings and rejuvenate their mind, body, and spirit.
Start Your Mental Health Journey
Since everyone has their own recovery needs and approaches best suited to their healing, ensure the rehab center you choose aligns with your treatment goals. If you’ve decided on a recovery center in Marietta, GA, ensure it has innovative and personalized treatment options. It may be essential to look for a center that offers dual-diagnosis treatment if you are dealing with co-occurring disorders.
At The Summit Wellness Group, our comprehensive and individualized treatment plans can help you or a loved one achieve the quality of life you deserve. We’ve carefully crafted our services to help patients find permanent freedom from substance use and mental health issues. You can begin your better future today. Call us at (770) 824-3698 or complete our contact form.