Top Meth Addiction Treatment Center in Atlanta, GA
Top Crystal Meth Addiction Treatment Center in Atlanta, GA
Why Crystal Meth Addiction Treatment is Important
Adolescents in Atlanta, GA, and the metro area are falling victim to the crystal meth epidemic. In 2003, 8% of Georgia high school students reported they used meth once or more times in their life.
The use of meth in the rural parts of Georgia in the north Georgia mountain area, particularly, is outpacing that of the metro area.
My addiction to meth cost me my family, business, freedom, and sanity. I was haunted by the people I had hurt and the things I had done in active addiction. I felt alone, ashamed, and tired, and I didn’t feel there was any wya out. I was ready to try something new, and The Summit Wellness Group gave me a safe, supportive environment to face the issues that I had been running away from my entire life. Their staff made me feel like I was part of their family and walked me through early recovery. Thanks to The Summit, I’ve been clean from meth for almost 3 years, and my life just keeps getting better and better.Mike S. (Alumni)
In 2002, 1,532 meth addicts, who were Georgia residents, were admitted to treatment programs. Three years later, that number had increased by 182%.
Single-family homes that appear unassuming are housing meth labs. The Federal Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) reported that more than one hundred children have been found living in homes used as meth labs in Georgia since 2003.
With access to the busiest airport in the world and several major interstates, Atlanta has many access points for drug trafficking.
An arrest was made in early 2023 after two packages were transported through the Atlanta airport. The boxes contained a methamphetamine-soaked fabric and approximately 450 grams of crystal methamphetamine.
Why Choose Us For Crystal Meth Addiction Treatment?
We want to ensure you get the help you need to beat this disease and live a full, healthy, and positive life. We hope you feel like you’ve come home when you walk through our front door at either location. Our Midtown location was designed with you in mind. We want this to be a safe space where your voice is heard and respected. When you come to The Summit Wellness Group, you’re not just another patient. You’re part of the family.
Our Midtown location offers an open, modern space for our clients. In the heart of Atlanta, this center is open to all struggling. It’s no secret that Atlanta’s drug crisis has only been growing, and the number of people dying from this disease increases yearly. We are here to offer a helping hand and ensure you receive the highest level of care in a luxury setting. Despite this space’s high-quality feel and the care you will receive, we work to make our plans affordable for everyone.
It’s different here. That’s the thing that makes us unique. I’m not saying we’re better than everybody else, I’m just saying we’re different in a really good way. And the clients and staff feel it.Bob Schalit – CEO of The Summit Wellness Group
Our staff is composed of highly trained individuals who can provide you with the highest level of care. Many of them also understand the struggle of addiction, giving us an upper hand. Because of this, we can interact with you as a professional client and on a person-to-person level. This is an essential aspect of the services we provide. We want to ensure that each of our clients knows they have an entire team of trustworthy, compassionate, and understanding individuals standing behind them.
Our client testimonials and reviews show how beneficial treatment at The Summit Wellness Group can be. We pride ourselves in the services we provide. Hearing from our clients how impactful our programs and staff have been on their journey through recovery speaks for itself.
Whether the reviews are good or bad, we consider every person’s thoughts. We hold ourselves accountable for continually improving our practices and listening to our client’s suggestions. Our goal is to provide you with the treatment you need.
We are never going to settle for good enough. Never be comfortable. Never, ever think we’re there. Always set your goals where they’re just about unattainable and then raise them a little bit more. Never settle. Always push yourself to be better, just like in recovery. I want Summit to always be getting better. The way it looks, the way it’s run clinically. How can our team get better? Keep improving the product, the performance, the service.Bob Schalit – CEO of The Summit Wellness Group
Our Approach to Crystal Meth Addiction Treatment
The Summit Wellness Group utilizes the latest and most effective treatment techniques to help clients overcome crystal meth addiction. Using a combined approach of integrative talk therapies, psychiatric care, and holistic methods, we aim to treat the underlying causes of addiction and help our clients restore their lives.
Addressing the psychological, neurological, and physical damage from meth addiction is critical to improving overall wellness and health. Our team of trained clinical therapists, counselors, psychiatrists, doctors, and people in long-term recovery work to guide our clients through recovery. We walk with our clients through the entire process, from detox to aftercare and every step between.
Our treatment process is individualized but generally broken down into 3 steps.
Step #1 – Make Meth Detox as Painless as Possible
Meth does not produce physical withdrawal symptoms like some other drugs. The psychological distress caused by this process, however, can be severe. It’s necessary to find help if someone wants the best possible chance of successful, long-term recovery. Some of the most common symptoms of meth withdrawal include:
- Deep Depression (possibly with suicidal ideation)
- Increased Anxiety and Restlessness
- Fatigue and Lethargy
- Sleep Disturbances
- Anhedonia (inability to feel pleasure)
- Clouded and Disorganized Thinking
The Summit Wellness Group is connected to a network of partner meth detox facilities. These centers are equipped to get you or your loved one through withdrawal as comfortably as possible. This process isn’t easy, but it is critical to overcoming drug abuse.
Step #2 – Reduce Meth Cravings Using Medications
Cravings for meth are usually the biggest threat to early recovery. Luckily, some medications can help to reduce these cravings. Some medications which may be helpful include:
- Naltrexone: Usually used to treat opioid or alcohol addiction. This medication may reduce cravings for meth as well.
- Bupropion: An antidepressant and smoking cessation aid. It may be able to reduce meth cravings.
- Quetiapine: Originally an antipsychotic, this medication has reduced cravings.
- Selegiline: A medication used to treat Parkinson’s. It may help to reduce meth cravings and depression.
- Fluoxetine: An SSRI antidepressant that may reduce meth cravings.
- Imipramine: A tricyclic antidepressant that improves meth addiction treatment outcomes.
- Mirtazapine: An antidepressant used for major depressive disorder. The way this medication works is not fully understood, although it may be able to reduce cravings.
These medications are not a cure for meth addiction or any drug addiction. They will give our clients some relief and more time to develop the tools necessary to deal with cravings healthily and constructively. Our team of professionals is well-versed in medication management and can help make this phase of the process as easy as possible.
Step #3 – Create an Individualized Treatment Plan
Crystal meth addiction is a very complex condition. At The Summit Wellness Group, we work with our clients to tailor treatment plans to address their needs and provide comprehensive treatment. This plan is developed in a one-on-one session with our treatment team and is unique for every person.
Some of the contributing factors that are considered during this step may include:
- Other drug or alcohol use issues
- The length of time that meth was used, and the amounts of meth used
- Any co-occurring mental health issues
- Physical health complications
- Current living or housing situation
- Insurance coverage or self-pay
- Preference for outpatient or inpatient treatment
- A person’s commitment to their recovery
Determining the services that will fit you is a component of creating your individualized treatment plan. Based on your initial assessment, your behavioral health plan could include a combination of the following:
- Brain Mapping is when electrodes placed on the skull can track these impulses and provide a picture of how they’re working. Capturing these pictures can tell us a lot about how the brain communicates. And through this, we can see how substance abuse has affected that communication.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is a psychological treatment effective for various disorders. These include depression and anxiety disorders and substance use issues. It also helps those with marital problems, eating disorders, and mental illness. Evidence-based research shows that CBT significantly improves functioning and quality of life.
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)is a psychological service used to treat addiction through inpatient and outpatient treatment options. DBT helps clients who struggle with managing their emotions and relationships and individuals considering self-harm. This treatment is ideal for individuals with emotion regulation, impulse control, and social difficulties.
- Holistic Therapy is an alternative treatment service that focuses on the whole person, not just specific addiction-related symptoms. Our therapists consider our clients’ physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual well-being, allowing them to achieve balance and develop coping skills.
We use several holistic therapy services, including yoga, massage, fitness, nutrition, and more.
- Non-12-Step is an approach that doesn’t follow a linear path like a traditional 12-step program. Without a non-12-step system, we create a customized plan for aftercare that could include medication assistance and management, detoxification, therapy, dual diagnosis treatment, and more.
- Relapse Prevention is a set of techniques our therapists use to prevent our clients from returning to destructive behaviors and thinking. The therapist assists the client with identifying triggers and exchanging them for positive behaviors. The goal for this component of a treatment plan is long-term recovery by preventing addictive behaviors.
Our Crystal Meth Addiction Treatment Programs
Intensive Outpatient Program
Inpatient programs aren’t always required or serve the needs of every individual. For people with an involved support system at home, an intensive outpatient program better meets their needs. Personality disorder treatment centers understand the importance of family in people’s lives. Because of that, many offer an intensive outpatient program (IOP).
This program suits individuals who do not need around-the-clock care. This option is typically designed for individuals moving out of PHP. Most IOPs meet 3-4 days weekly for 3-5 hours, giving women time to return to their daily obligations.
Partial Hospitalization Program
A partial hospitalization program (PHP) can benefit patients needing more than outpatient care without 24/7 inpatient treatment. PHPs help individuals by providing a safe and structured environment with access to medical supervision, including psychotherapy, one-on-one and individual therapy, support groups, and medication management when needed.
Individuals in this program can access care during the day and return home in the evenings to continue their routines. They can practice positive lifestyle changes and build social connections in a supportive community.
Sober Living Homes
Sober living (also referred to as a sober house or sober home) is a general term for any shared housing environment in which each resident is committed to abstaining from the use of alcohol and other drugs.
Sober living is a stabilization technique for many of our clients. This allows them to get life back in a comfortable and structured manner.
Effectively a recovering individual’s most logical “next step” following release from an inpatient program, sober living might be a dwelling cohabited by friends or acquaintances in recovery or be part of a highly-structured program overseen by a hospital or treatment facility – or anything in between.
FAQ About Crystal Meth Addiction Treatment
Get Help Now
We’d love the opportunity to help you during this overwhelming and challenging process. The Summit Wellness Group is located in Georgia, and all your calls will be directed to one of our local staff members. Our sincere passion is helping people recover to live whole, meaningful, and healthy lives.
Call us 24/7 at 770-299-1677. If we aren’t the right fit for you, we’ll utilize our expertise and connections within the treatment industry to assist you in finding the best provider for your needs.
Crystal Meth Resources
We’re here to help
Get help now
We’d love the opportunity to help you during this overwhelming and difficult process. The Summit Wellness Group is located in Georgia and all of your calls will be directed to one of our local staff members. Our sincere passion is helping people recover so that they can live full, meaningful, and healthy lives.
Call us 24/7 at 770-299-1677. If we aren’t the right fit for you then we’ll utilize our expertise and connections within the treatment industry to assist you in finding the best provider for your specific needs. Alternatively, you can fill out our contact form and a member of our staff will contact you shortly.